Emergency First Response Instructor
This course teaches instructor candidates to conduct the seven modules of the
EFR course including primary assessment, CPR, obstructed airway, control of
bleeding, shock management, illness assessment and injury assessment. Upon
completion of the course, the candidate is certified to teach the Emergency
First Response course to recreational divers and non-divers.
What can I do?
- As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you can conduct Emergency
First Response Primary (CPR) and Secondary Care (first aid) courses.
What do I need to start?
- At least PADI Divemaster certification
- Emergency First Response certification or qualifying certification from
another certification organization
What will I do?
- You’ll learn how to conduct the Emergency First Response Primary Care
(CPR) and Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) courses.
- You’ll also learn to conduct the recommended Automated External
Defibrillator (AED), emergency oxygen and conscious choking management
skills for adults, children, and infants.
How long will it take?
- The Emergency First Response Instructor Course takes approximately eight